Connect Media Group Pty Ltd (“we, us, our”) are the operators of the websites associated with this page.
- Our Policy
Your privacy is very important to us. For that reason, please read the following details carefully and get in contact with us if you have any questions. You can contact us on:
(02) 8004 8590
21 Mary Street
Surry Hills 2010.
- We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“APPs”) and we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. This includes suitable measures to protect electronic information and materials stored and generated in hard copy. We are also subject to privacy and confidentiality obligations under other laws that govern our activities.
- Personal Information
We may collect personal information from you as follows:
- a) in the course of using our website if you input any personal information into the website. In addition, we also collect cookies from your computer, which enables us to tell when you use the website and also to help customise your website experience;
- b) On registration of your details for the purpose of attending an event
- c) On registration of your interest in receiving further information about an event; and/or
- d) Any other information that is purposely sent by you to connect events.
The purpose for which we collect personal information is to provide you with the best service experience possible. Some provision of personal information is optional. However, if you do not provide us with certain types of personal information, you may be unable to enjoy the full functionality of the website or provision of information direct to you.
Connect Media Group Pty Ltd will use your personal information;
- e) identify you so that we can provide services to you;
- f) administer our provisions of services and events;
- g) for collecting payments and/or credit control purposes;
- h) to improve the services we provide to you and to inform you about any improvements or changes in services;
- i) to market various offers under the Connect Media Group Pty Ltd program that we or third parties may offer;
- j) and to comply with our legal obligations.
Connect Media Group Pty Ltd will not disclose personal information we collect about you to any third parties without your prior consent. Similarly, we will not sell any information we collect about Connect Media Group Pty Ltd members however, we may disclose personal information about you to service providers who provide services to us, such as providers of sales, credit collection, help desk and support services. Connect Media Group Pty Ltd ensure that these parties are obliged to protect your personal information from unauthorized access to third parties where you have given consent to the disclosure to government, law enforcement and regulatory bodies where this is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations and to parties to whom we sell all or part of our assets or business.
Connect Media Group Pty Ltd may collect and provide to third parties non-personal information about the way you browse our website. This information cannot be used to identify you or any other individual customer or visitor to our website. This information is used to collect and analyse statistics about browsing behaviour for marketing and development purposes.
Connect Media Group Pty Ltd will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all personal and non-personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Connect Media Group Pty Ltd will take all reasonable steps to protect the security of the personal information we hold. This includes appropriate measures to protect electronic materials and materials stored and generated in hard copy.
Connect Media Group Pty Ltd would like to make it known to all our members that the internet is not a secure environment. If you use the internet to send us information, including your email address, it is sent at your own risk
We customarily disclose personal information only to our service providers who assist us in operating the website. We will only disclose personal information to an unrelated third party with your consent.
- Access and correction
National Privacy Principle 6 of the Australian Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) allows you to get access to, and correct, the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances. If you would like to obtain such access, please contact us on the details set out above.
We have processes in place to ensure the security of your personal information, including encryption of all data when it is transferred to our service providers and limitations on access to personal information within our organisation.
- Links to Third Party Websites
The Connect Media Group Pty Ltd websites have links to external third party websites that may benefit the user. External websites should contain their own privacy statements and we recommend you review them when using their websites.
Please note, however, that third party websites are not covered by this policy, and these sites are not subject to Connect Media Group Pty Ltd’s privacy standards and procedures.